Let me take a moment to extend a big shout out to the nearly fifty participants who joined us on February 6th’s webinar. On behalf of my colleagues at Aericon and I – thank you!
We had a great time at that session exploring the actionable insights shared by our resident marketing ninja Dean Whitney.
First off, let me share the slides with you from that session.
What is Lean Marketing?
As a startup, you need to move fast. Lean Marketing enables you to get your marketing efforts set-up and activated quickly on a step-by-step basis so you can start acquiring customers.
Popularized by Eric Ries of The Lean Startup, your marketing MVP or (Minimal Viable Product) is a strategy used for fast and quantitative market testing.
During the session, the key areas we focused on were:
- Website/ Blog
- Social Media
- Lead Generation
- Email Marketing
We call this Zero to Launch!
Getting Started With Your Brand
Within 80 milliseconds their visual cortex responds as they perceive the choice items, A little later, regions of the brain associated with memory and speech become active.
Dr. Steven Rose
Remember, before launching your brand, take a look at what the leaders in your industry are doing. You can get a lot of great ideas, and like the saying goes: A good artist copies, a great artist…
Here are some of the tools we shared on Branding from the session:
- 99 Designs: A crowdsourced design marketplace
- LogoBee: Cost-effective online design house
- Shutterstock: Royalty free stock photography, vectors (including logo files), and other marketing assets
Getting Your Brand On the Web
Here are some great tools that we covered in the webinar for creating a website fast and cost effectively.
- WordPress.com: Build a great website from awesome templates and have it hosted by WordPress.
- Dreamhost: Self hosting at one of the best services providers for as little as $8.95 per month.
- Elegant Themes: Amazingly beautiful WordPress themes.
- Squarespace: Everything you need to create an exceptional website in minutes
- Shopify: Incredibly easy way to create your online store now and start selling today
- Submit Edge: Great way to get your new website submitted to the largest online directories and search engines
We recommend starting with a LinkedIn Company page, Facebook Page for Business, Twitter page, and yes a Google Plus page for your business. If you’re selling goods, Pinterest is a great new platform too.
Conversion & Email Marketing
Unbounce is one of our favorite landing page tools used for converting visitors into subscribers, buyers, or anything else you want. It’s the one we showed during the webinar, and we use it all the time.
Mailchimp is an incredibly easy way to get started with email marketing and newsletters. They have an awesome WYSIWYG editor with a huge library of templates, best part of all it’s pretty much free for startups until you’ve reached 12,000 sends per month, at which point you should have no problem paying.
Keep in mind, that a key to email marketing is having a clean list. Develop one on-line using a two-step opt-in process. Don’t buy a list, or just start emailing people without their permission, its a sure fire way to get yourself booted from the platform.
Well, that’s about it folks for this one. For all of you who want to focus on your business and leave the marketing to the pros, reach out to us for a free estimate on a Startup Kit .